Sunday, December 2, 2012

homemade granola

I made some homemade granola today for James...he loved it! Found the recipe in the FAMILY magazine...The recipe is:
Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( I use walnuts)
1/2 cup flax seed
6 oz. dried berries ( I use cranberries)
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 tsp. salt ( I use sea salt)


Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl...melt honey , butter, and salt in a saucepan, on low, stirring...add honey mixture to dry ingredients and toss to evenly coat everything...put granola mixture on a baking sheet with rims, cook 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees F...I only cook it for 18 minutes, because I don't want it too brown or overcooked...add dried berries to granola after you take it out of the oven...then let cool...enjoy!


The pic on the right is my newest little rosemary tree I found at the grocery store...shaped like a Christmas tree...I put my little owl ornaments on it :) ...I recently made shortbread rosemary cookies, which were delicious! Just make regular shortbread and add rosemary to it before you bake it! Next time I'm going to make shortbread with cocoa and cayenne! So excited for Christmas!!

1 comment: