Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A day of relaxation

 This past month has been every bit of crazy and hectic for our little family. Today we decided to have a relaxation day where we do absolutely nothing but enjoy each other's company in our humble abode. I believe these little days of retreat are necessary to calm the tension and stress that may occur in your everyday life, such as work or kids. I personally feel that relaxing with the ones you love will also help build a stronger bond towards these special people in your life. In this crazy household, when we work hard we relax quietly and happily.
 Of course, our pupsters absolutely love to relax. Sergeant and Prada are laying together in the first pic and Princess Prada is under her favorite little blanket catching a snooze just above.
 I can't go a day without my essential oils. Above is the lemon and Morrocan oil that I use on my face every night (I recommend only to use at night because your face will burn if you wear citrus in the sun). I've read over and over that this mixture works as a preventative for sun spots and is very moisturizing for the sensitive skin on my face.
If I need a little pick me up due to a headache or achy muscles I apply a small drop or two directly to the forehead or achy area. Prepare yourself for a vibrant cool effect! I swear by peppermint oil for my headaches.

I also engage in yoga! I have found that for myself doing yoga every night before bed allows me to sleep more sound and relaxes the tension in my achy muscles. Whether you have a 5 minute bedtime breathing session or partake in an hour long yoga sesh, the stress seems to just melt away. I always have my essential oil air purifier going while I do yoga each night. I use ylang ylang, relaxation oil, or peace and calm by young living. Love this stuff!!

So just remember to take a little time for yourself or with your loved ones and have a relaxation day or even just block out a relaxation hour each night or once a week to endulge yourself. Your body, mind, and soul will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment