I found the perfect SPF at the local farmer's market this past March. The brand is Sweet Girl, and what's fantastic about this product are the ingredients: coconut oil, beeswax, essential oils, and the wow factor - 20% zinc oxide. After talking with my friend, who is a medical aesthetician, when looking for a sunblock, zinc oxide is the main ingredient that you want to see on the label. This is what protects you from those UV rays. In the past I had always bought sunblocks at the local drug store. Up until the past year I just never thought about what I was actually putting on my skin regarding sunblock - which is a plethora of scary chemicals. So I decided to try this brand of SPF cream and I love it! The cream is soft from the coconut oil (just a tad gritty from zinc oxide); you do have to rub it in because of the thick zinc oxide though - but it's worth it if your skin is protected. I have oily skin but have found that this cream has not caused any breakouts on my face...I'm guessing because of the all natural ingredients and the fact that coconut oil is a miracle worker for skin. So when shopping for a sunblock look for an all natural one with zinc oxide, your skin will thank you!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment