Monday, January 7, 2013

welcoming the new year!

Happy New Year to everyone! James and I welcomed the new year with pneumonia...we have been sick for the past 8 days, but are now happily reporting that we are feeling 95% better. We always joke around that the only time we get sick is over vacation :-)
As mother said, giggling, " This will be a Christmas holiday to remember!" (My parents and brother were also sick).
After visiting a local health food store, while home on holiday, James and I have been trying to eat  gluten-free...tonight we had quinoa pasta ...which is very filling and delicious! You need to try this if you haven't yet! I just swirled mine in olive oil and pepper :-) ...with some of my homegrown red peppers on the side. I splurged on a slice of whole grain garlic bread
...havent found a good replacement yet...We also invested in a toaster oven today, getting rid of our microwave...been wanting to do this for years :-) yay! No more radiation from trying to warm my food up!

2 comments:

  1. We made the bean soup we got at Mama Jeans. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had success, too, with our organic beans and wild rice... we made vegetarian chili! Delicioso!

    ReplyDelete