Hurts Donuts opened nearly eight weeks ago in the Springfield Downtown area. Now me being a total donut fiend, you would have thought that I would have already visited this new local hot spot over a dozen times. But in fact, I just found out about it this past week! Having previously lived in a small town where Varsity Donuts was king, I was spoiled by the best of the best donuts. Now, having moved to Springfield, I felt lost without my rich cinnamon sugar opals and my double chocolate "mousse-stache" donuts, until this past Saturday!
Turns out that Hurts Donuts utilizes the same supplier as Varsity Donuts...and!!!!!drum roll please!!!! Hurts Donuts has over 200 unique donut varieties. My fiance and I picked a smorgasbord to try out, such as the: dirt donut (a chocolate donut with crushed Oreos and a gummy worm), the maple bacon bar, the lemonade donut, Butterfinger and Snickers donuts, and the enfamous BEARCLAW! This place is great and tasty and I definitely would recommend it! Not as good as the spectacular donut creations at Varsity Donuts, but very very close! And the great thing is that Hurts Donuts is open 24/7...they literally advertise being open "25 hours a day, 8 days a week"


No comments:
Post a Comment