Thursday, January 16, 2014

Winter is coming / James' Birthday!!

 My fiance and I had this artsy hand painted chef on our kitchen wall, in the first house we lived in together. When we moved this past July, my mother secretly took a picture of it and made it into a canvas. This was one of James' favorite birthday gifts this year, and we will always have it hanging in our kitchen, no matter what city, state, or country we may ever live in.
 James calls this picture "The Colony", names after this apocalyptic movie that we viewed last weekend, based on one's vision of the future, when Earth's climates go haywire and permanently are frozen. We had to drive to the office on his birthday, might I add, to finish up some last minute work before the celebrations began. I decided to use my spiffy new camera and take this bizarre pic of the weathre mother nature had given us.
 
 Happy birthday to a very special fiance whom I love very much! This was birthday celebration number 3, with his mom and I!
 Prada was completely adamant about getting back out in the snow to chase our pet squirrel, Rupert, who lives out on the balcony :) She loves her red and white sweater!
 The pupsters waiting for daddy to arrive home from work. These days, all I have to do is tell them that daddy is on his way home, and they desperately wait in this very spot until they hear his truck pull in to the driveway.
 Sergeant had a long day of playing and had to take a snooze. I felt the exact same way this past week from all of the traveling I did for work. Time to take a breather!
I got a little too creative with my secret homemade recipe of green chili. James loves poached eggs and toast, smothered in green chili, for breakfast. I added summer sausage and Gouda hearts for a special Sunday Brunch treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment